Thursday, October 31, 2013

IPEVO Interactive Whiteboard System - Portable Interactivity!

In early October, I entered the IPEVO Wishpool for an IS-01 Interactive Whiteboard System.  I was thrilled when IPEVO let me know via email that they had granted me my wish and that they were sending me one of their new IPEVO Interactive Whiteboard Systems!  It arrived late last week and we have had fun testing it out!  If you have a computer and projector, this system can transform almost any hard surface into an interactive whiteboard.  This neat piece of equipment only costs $149 or $0 if your wish was granted!

The IS-01 Interactive Whiteboard System turns any screen or blank wall into an interactive whiteboard.



The equipments is surprisingly small.  It included a sensor cam, interactive pen, and software to run the system.  There also is an extension wand that can be added to the pen and a tripod mount that you can use for the cam if you wish.

(Below) Items delivered in this box:
The stylus has an extension (bonus) and a button to click that advances slides in presentations.  All of these items easily fit inside my computer bag for portability.

It only took a few minutes to install the software and connect the sensor to my laptop.  The software has a program that you use to calibrate the surface to the pen.  IPEVO provided an installation CD, but it may also be downloaded from their website - especially useful for teachers with MacBook Airs without optical drives.  It took me about 20 minutes of trial and error to figure out the best position to put the sensor cam in order for it properly fill the surface of the screen in the computer lab.  This lab has a high mounted projector so after further reading and investigation I found out that using a tripod to mount the device was the best option for that room.  Once that was done, it took four clicks with the pen to calibrate, and I was amazed with the capabilities!  The pen can be used as a mouse.  The disk also contains software tools that allow you easily write on a white background page or whatever is projected on the board.  I am now able to provide staff development from the front of the lab instead of the back of the lab far away from the screen and the staff!  I loved how I did not have to pause training while I ran to the back of the lab to switch screens or click links!

Quickly sets up in any classroom or lab

Device and be placed on a table (above).  I prefer this method or using a tripod to maintain portability between schools and classrooms.

Device can be mounted to overhead projector (as seen below)


I am so grateful to IPEVO for supplying useful tools such as the IS-01 Interactive Whiteboard System to teachers - and students!  I have been excited to be able to test out this affordable piece of equipment since not all of the classrooms/labs I work with have interactive whiteboards.  It has allowed me to provide interactive instruction to teachers.  I love how it can also be used along with other applications such as Promethean flipcharts.

Teachers, be sure to check out the IPEVO Wishpool page!  Every month they give away their products to deserving teachers who make a wish sharing how they would use the product in their classroom. Thanks again to IPEVO for making amazing products and supporting educators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All messages will be moderated prior to making comment public. Spam messages will be ignored.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.